Saamrus Guest Farm Terms & Conditions
Important info for Saamrus Guests
- Please pay at least a 50% deposit into the account on the invoice within 12 hours to confirm your booking.
- For last-minute bookings, less than 7 days before arrival, 100% of the booking amount must be paid within 12 hours to secure the booking.
- The balance is payable at least 3 days before arrival via internet payment or credit card. Please note that for security reasons we do not take any cash payments on arrival at Saamrus. If you forgot to pay electronically before arrival, please do so via eft immediately upon booking in. We do not have credit card facilities on the farm.
- No refunds will be given after a firm booking has been made and a deposit has been paid. However, we will give the option of alternate dates should the guest not be able to make it on the dates booked provided it was cancelled more than 5 days before arrival.
- The booking for the alternative dates must be made within 2 months from the original booking date, or the full deposit will be forfeited. Alternative booking dates may not be in high season.
- For cancellations less than 5 days before arrival, the full amount paid will be forfeited and the booking dates cannot be moved forward. However, a booking can be handed over to a friend or family member to come on the booked dates, should the original guests not be able to come anymore.
- Please note that we will charge an extra 10% admin fee when a booking is cancelled by the guest and moved to a different date.
- Should a guest test positive for covid in the last 5 days before arrival, proof must be supplied before the booking can be moved to another date. In this case, the full payment will be transferred to the new booking date with only a 10% admin charge.
- In case of flooding when guests are unable to cross the bridge on the access road to Saamrus, we will move the booking to an alternative date and transfer the full amount paid to the new date. There will be no extra admin fee charged.
- No refunds will be given for premature departures due to a decision by the guest and circumstances out of our control.
Arrival and Departure Times:
Please note that we prefer not to have guests booking in on Saturdays. It is our day to rest, and we only have one staff member on standby for emergencies. If you have no choice but to book in on a Saturday, please be sure to pre-order your firewood for delivery on a Friday. On arrival, please ring the bell at the reception door to get your key.
Booking in: Not earlier than 14:00 and not later than 20:00
Booking out: Not later than 10:00 unless otherwise arranged.
Should you wish to book in earlier or book out later, please arrange with management. Strictly no booking in between 1 and 2 pm. Staff are on lunch and there will be no assistance. Should you arrive during lunch hour, please park at Reception, and go for a walk.
Important Info to note:
- Please note that the last 1,5km to Saamrus is a narrow farm road. The first section is paved and fine for all vehicles, but the second half of the road can be slippery and difficult for low cars in wet weather. Despite this, the road is still accessible by car.
- Extra day visitors (not sleeping over) are allowed if arranged with management in advance. There is a charge of R100 per person for day visitors joining guests that have booked a cottage.
- No loud music or excessive noise is allowed at the cottage, which may disturb other visitors.
- Quad bikes or motorbike riding is not allowed at Saamrus.
- No smoking is allowed inside the cottages. An ashtray is provided outside.
- Cottages are not normally serviced during your stay. Servicing can be requested on Sundays and weekdays, at an extra charge. Servicing cost is displayed in each cottage. Please confirm this upon arrival.
- Piet-my-vrou, Kiepersol, Suikerbos, Akasia, Karee, and Olienhout cottages are situated on a steep hill and only reachable by diff lock bakkie, 4 x 4, or on foot. (In wet weather serious 4 x 4 or on foot only). If you have a car only and wish to stay in these cottages, you can park your car at the safe shade net parking area at the foot of the hill and walk the 60 – 400m uphill to the cottages. We will have at least 2 strong men on duty to help you carry the luggage for a tip of R20 each on arrival and departure.
- Tarentaal, Kiewiet and Hoephoep cottages are situated at the foot of the hill and close to the river walks. These cottages are reachable by car.
Conditions regarding pets:
- Only socialised dogs are allowed to run free. More territorial dogs must be kept on a leash when going for a walk.
- Please note that the two Saamrus Ridgebacks are taken for a walk before sunrise and after dark every day, in the grass paths at the foot of the hill. They do not walk on a leash as they need space to run. Even though they are socialised, they may charge when they see or hear somebody. Be sure not to walk your dogs before 6:15 in Summer or 7:15 in Winter and not after dark in the evenings if you do not want to be scared by two big dogs charging! The rest of the time the Ridgebacks are kept in the fenced yard.
- Please do not walk your dogs down the farm road. The road crosses private property and you and your dogs may get chased by neighbour’s dogs.
- No pets may be left unattended at the cottages at any time while the owner goes out on excursions in the area. If you plan to go out on excursions while staying at Saamrus, please do not bring pets along. There are a few pet-friendly restaurants in the Magaliesburg area that you can visit with your dogs on a leash. Please enquire first.
- Keep your dog’s inside the fenced yard with the gate closed while you are at the cottage. Other guests with dogs may walk past and your dogs may get territorial over the cottage where you stay.
- Please ensure that your pet’s rabies injections are up to date and that they are treated for ticks and fleas before visiting. During the rainy season, there are a lot of ticks in the veld and dogs will pick up ticks even if treated against ticks.
- Please bring along covers for furniture and beds should your pets be used to jumping on furniture. Also, brush them after a walk to keep the cottages clean and free from ticks.
Eskom Loadshedding and power failures
- Please note that we do not have a generator. Apart from loadshedding, there are also frequent power failures in the Magaliesburg area. Our cottages all have gas stoves, and we supply candles and a rechargeable light for when the power is off. When there is a power failure due to a fault in the area, our local Eskom technicians are usually quite quick at fixing it. Please be prepared and bear with us while we save up money to install alternative power and keep the business going.
The owners and staff of Saamrus Guest Farm do not take any responsibility for any loss of damage to vehicles or property, personal injury to guests or pets, or power failures outside our control, during your stay.