Overview of our Self-catering, Pet-friendly Accommodation in Magaliesburg, Gauteng
Each cottage at Saamrus has a special character, with every convenience to make your stay more comfortable and memorable. Most of the cottages are at least 50m apart, except Tarentaal and Kiewiet which are about 15m apart. We have used reeds and hedges for screening to give you maximum privacy and seclusion.
Units include the following:
· A fenced garden for the dogs.
· A private braai at each unit with an extra fire pit at most of the units.
· Fireplaces in all cottages. Most cottages have ceiling fans or loose-standing fans. Some units have wall-heaters for extra heating in winter.
· DSTV: Bring your own decoder and adaptor for decoder to work on two cables only (No reception without decoder!).
· Kitchens are fully equipped including: fridge, microwave, two-plate gas stove, kettle, toaster, pots and pans, crockery and cutlery, dishwashing liquid and dishcloths. Braai utensils are also supplied.
· Bathrooms with showers and romantic baths for two (only in some cottages). Towels, soap, air freshener and toilet paper are supplied.
· Bedrooms: Supplied with bed linen, pillows and blankets. Electric blankets in some units.
· Firewood for sale. Staff on duty will deliver to your unit.
The 4 units at the foot of the hill
Close to the bird-haven indigenous bush and river walks. These cottages can be reached by car.
Tarentaal & Kiewiet
The 6 units on the hill
|These units are only accessible by 4 x 4, diff-lock bakkie or on foot. In wet weather a serious 4 x 4 or on foot only. If you drive a normal sedan car only and wish to stay in one of these units you can park your car in a safe parking area at the foot of the hill and walk the 200m to 400m uphill. Our staff on duty will help you carry your luggage for a tip of R20 each on arrival and departure.|